Bazaar Café is the home away from home for the Bay Area’s most talented songwriters and musicians. The warm, intimate atmosphere is a perfect setting for the purely acoustic, purely original music we feature.
So, you want to perform at San Francisco’s premiere all-acoustic venue? Here’s how to go about it:
Procedures for First-timers
1 We book local, Bay Area performers almost exclusively. Out-of-area performers may be considered only if a sufficient local audience base can be demonstrated.
2 If you are a local performer and haven’t been to the café, stop by during a performance and see if our place is a good fit for you and your music.
3. Perform at Open Mics (held every Thursday). See below for sign-up procedure.
4. CD’s and press kit submissions are welcome. Save the planet – email is fine! These materials will be reviewed; however, bookings will not be made based on them. We need to hear you live! See below for submission information.
5. Please note: We prefer to work with artists/performers directly, rather than agents, agencies, girlfriends, boyfriends or others.
Performance bookings are issued by invitation. Management reserves all booking rights.
Performance at Open Mic and submission of materials hold no guarantees.
1. Only original or non-copyrighted material may be performed.
2. We allow only “unplugged” performances.
After You are Booked
What we do – Publish/send our calendar to local media outlets, promote through our web site, Facebook and other social media and in the café.
What you do – Promote to your fans/friends via email, phone calls, your social network outlets and any other media you are connected with.
Time/duration of performances:
1. 7:00-9:30 PM, Monday – Saturday; 6:00-8:30 PM, Sunday
2. Solo gigs are two +/- one-hour sets with a break.
3. Double bills usually trade +/- half-hour sets, break, then repeat.
4. We do not book “Opening” acts.
5. Check the Bazaar Cafe calendar for available slots, and suggest available times when you ask about performing.
1. We provide a tip jar, you provide people to fill it with money.
2. Tips are split equally for double bills.
To sign up for Open Mic:
Open Mics are held every Thursday evening, 7:00-9:30.
The sign-up sheet is kept in the café. Go in person or call (415-831-5620) to request an available slot. If the date you want to perform is full, you may request a spot as an alternate and take your chance. Otherwise, choose a future date. Plan ahead, as our Open Mics usually fill up in advance every week. .
Each performer may perform a maximum of two songs.
IF you meet the booking and performance guidelines outlined above and would like to request a show, send email to: (to add enquiry form here)